How it works
rusterra.com uses swftools to convert .pdf to .swf. If you know any other methods, please, leave a comment.
1. Download and install swftools
2. Prepare your pdf file, throw out some pages, if you need.
3. I use this commands (windows)
pdf2swf %1", where %1 – name of pdf filename, or
"pdf2swf -p %2-%3 -G %1", where %1 – name of pdf filename, and %2-%3 – a range of pages to convert (i.e. pdf2swf -p 1-20 -G book.pdf)
4. Upload new swf to your site.
5. Use wp-pdf-view tag in your post:
[wp-pdf-view swf="/path/to/filename.swf" width="500" height="400" /]
1. WordpressPDF is based on «hana flv player» (i liked an idea to upgrade plugin that we use for video, so it could support other flash media, and i was too lazy to rewrite plugin admin panel from scratch, and in standard version i just threw out all non-pdf related features) and zviewer.
download test version
test version tag:
[hana-flv-player video="/path/to/filename.swf" player="9" width="500" height="400"/]
Also, test version has an option for automatic display of splash images if flv_player_maxi is used (flv: viedo.flv, splash: video.flv.jpg –
$flv_attr['splashimage'] = $flv_attr['video'].".jpg";)
I hope author of hana_flv will like this ideas and include zviewer support in hana_flv_player.
3. I redrew zviewer buttons (sources included in wordpresspdf), and i hope that Cristian Rusu aka Crirus (author of zviewer) likes them, so i don’t have to replace buttons again with new zviewer update :)
4. Donations: If you want support development of WordpressPDF, donate zviewer or hana flv player